[texworks] Unwanted side-effect of <tab> : how to avoid ?

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Tue Jun 14 14:05:57 CEST 2011

On Jun 12, 2011, at 8:32 AM, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd) wrote:

> Dear fellow TeXworkers --
>
> I am a strong believe in the importance of layout, and
> would never trust a mere editor (not even TeXworks) to
> perform layout for me.  So why is it that when I type
>

> \def \foo
>    {
>
> and then press <tab> at the start of the blank line
> below the "{" (which is itself indented with one tab),
> TeXworks insists in entering
>
> 	alertenv}<>
>
> and putting the cursor between the angle-brackets ?
>
> I have no idea what "alertenv" is, nor do I want
> it inserted; how may this be avoided, please ?
>
> Philip Taylor

Howdy,

Getting back to this original question... note that the TAB is pressed after a newline. Shouldn't a newline be a left hand terminator for a search term and since it's empty (i.e., nothing or white space) before the terminator a TAB should be entered?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)