[texworks] Mac issues

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jun 13 22:20:44 CEST 2011

On Jun 13, 2011, at 2:59 PM, sigmundv at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Why do I see so many discussions on Mac specific stuff on this list? There
> is hardly anything Windows or Linux specific discussed. Why is this? Is
> TeXworks used more on Mac OS X than on Windows or Linux? Or is Mac OS X just
> so much different?
>

> Sigmund

Howdy,

While it may appear to you that most of the discussion is Mac related it appear to me the other way round. I see much more Linux and especially Windows discussion here. Most of the recent development has first appeared on the Windows version of TeXworks.

If I had to guess TeXworks is probably much more heavily used on Windows and Linux than the Mac. TeXworks is modelled on TeXShop which is a popular front end on the Mac.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)