[texworks] Unwanted side-effect of <tab> : how to avoid ?

Joel C. Salomon joelcsalomon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 17:44:49 CEST 2011

On 06/13/2011 01:56 AM, Alain Delmotte wrote:
> There is another solution, but you'll have to take the reflex to do:
> just add a space after {

Trouble is that source control gets tricky sometimes with trailing spaces.

I like auto-complete, & don’t want to give it up, but the behavior of
Tab at start-of-line is so counterintuitive I’d almost rather give up
the feature — or at least not have it active at start-of-line.  It’s
that annoying.

> The solution of using [Ctrl]+[Tab] for both action, is not possible
> because after the first, if you get for example
> {center}
>
> \end{center}•
>
> the second [Ctrl]+[Tab] would bring you to the bullet point (I think).

If start-of-line auto-complete is so useful, then auto-complete needs a
different shortcut.  I almost don’t care what, but Tab is a misfeature.

—Joel