[texworks] Unwanted side-effect of <tab> : how to avoid ?

Jonathan Kew jfkthame at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 13 10:09:03 CEST 2011

On 13 Jun 2011, at 08:49, Charlie Sharpsteen wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 12, 2011 at 1:00 PM, Philip TAYLOR (Webmaster, Ret'd)
> <P.Taylor at rhul.ac.uk> wrote:
>>

>> Charlie Sharpsteen wrote:
>>
>>> It seems like there should be a Preferences option for disabling
>>> auto-completion.
>>
>> Yes please.  Despite Alain's suggestion [1] that it would prove
>> very interesting, I have managed without it for 64 years and it
>> is now probably a bit late to come to terms with a need for it !
>>
>> ** Phil.
>
> I added a preference option that enables/disables tab completion. Patch is here:
>
>    https://github.com/Sharpie/TeXworks/commit/0a09d61.patch
>
> Seems to work on my machine. Definitely needs testing on Linux and Windows.
>
> -Charlie

I haven't actually tested it but this looks like it'd work fine. However, I think it'd be better to avoid reading the preference setting on every keystroke; instead, store the current value somewhere global (or should it be per-document?), initializing it from the settings file at startup and updating it if the user actually changes the prefs.

JK