[texworks] Unwanted side-effect of <tab> : how to avoid ?

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Mon Jun 13 07:56:00 CEST 2011

Philip,

There is another solution, but you'll have to take the
reflex to do: just add a space after {

This {[return]
[Tab]

would create the problem

This {[space][return]
[Tab]

not

I know, it is not optimal; but on the other hand completion
is very interesting. I was not using it before, but now,
after trying in TW, yes. And I am also close to retirement.
This offers some help not to forges closing sentences,...
(example from LaTeX the \end{...} after a \begin{...}

The solution of using [Ctrl]+[Tab] for both action, is not
possible because after the first, if you get for example
{center}

\end{center}•

the second [Ctrl]+[Tab] would bring you to the bullet point
(I think).

Philip, I would like to create a completion file for you
about XeTeX.
Are there instructions in XeTeX specific and not part of
Plain TeX? (Which already has a completion file.

Regards,

Alain