[texworks] Another experimental Mac build

Dohyun Kim nomosnomos at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 03:24:06 CEST 2011

2011/6/11 Charlie Sharpsteen <chuck at sharpsteen.net>:

> Ooops, you are right---it looks like the Snow Leopard build was still
> including Fontconfig. I just replaced the binary with a new build that
> doesn't include it.

Thanks.
This build is almost OK for base14-fonts.pdf,
except for the "mu" character of Symbol.ttf which is still an empty box.

BTW I have found an another issue:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/15254523/pltx.pdf
Upon testing this file with new TW build,
now I cannot see any Japanese characters.

This PDF file was produced from a tex file as follows
with platex -> dvipdfmx commands on TeX Live 2010 distribution.

\documentclass{jsarticle}
\begin{document}
日本語(にほんご)
\end{document}

With previous TW build with fontconfig library,
there was no such issue, though Japanese characters
were rendered with sans-serif family instead of serif.
Ryumin-Light is a Japanese font of serif family.

Well... I personally have doubts about these efforts
to do away with fontconfig library, because
font substitution of non-embedded fonts can be managed
with my ~/.fonts.conf file when TW supports fontconfig.
Certainly, this must be my own personal preference,
as this cannot be expected for vast majority of users
who are not familiar with fontconfig.

Best,
--
Dohyun Kim