[texworks] Unwanted side-effect of <tab> : how to avoid ?

Alain Delmotte esperanto at swing.be
Sun Jun 12 21:30:30 CEST 2011

Hi Philip,

This is coming from auto-completion.
if you keep pressing [Tab] you will have a lot more.

alertenv is coming from the tw-beamer.txt file, but if you
press [Tab] long you will also have those from tw-latex.txt.
All the files are in the
C:\Users\<user>\TeXworks\completion folder.

I think this is a negative side effect.

Should we suppress all the entries of the type:
==== first piece from tw-beamer.txt
{altenv}<#INS#>{•}{•}{•}{•}#RET##RET#\end{altenv}
{actionenv}<#INS#>#RET##RET#\end{actionenv}
{beamercolorbox}{#INS#}#RET##RET#\end{beamercolorbox}
{beamercolorbox}[•]{#INS#}#RET##RET#\end{beamercolorbox}
==== from tw-latex.txt
{array}#RET##INS##RET#\end{array}•
{abstract}#RET##INS##RET#\end{abstract}•
{align}#RET##INS##RET#\end{align}•
{align*}#RET##INS##RET#\end{align*}•

The same happens with \
\beamerbutton{#INS#}
\beamergotobutton{#INS#}
\beamerreturnbutton{#INS#}
\beamerskipbutton{#INS#}

We should ask the users which type of completion code they use.
And perhaps adapt the completion files.

Now for Philip, if you are not using auto-completion, which
I regret because it is very, very interesting - see the
manual-- you could empty the folder, so no definition would
be loaded.

Regards,

Alain