[texworks] Another experimental Mac build

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Thu Jun 9 20:27:36 CEST 2011

Hey everyone,

I just posted two new Mac binaries:

    For Leopard:
    https://github.com/downloads/Sharpie/TeXworks/TeXworks.0.5.0-836-d471e94-Leopard.dmg

    For Snow Leopard:
    https://github.com/downloads/Sharpie/TeXworks/TeXworks.0.5.0-836-d471e94-SLeopard.dmg

** NOTE: These links are semi-permanent. Old builds may be deleted in
order to free disk space for new builds. **

This build is entirely skippable as there are no new features or
user-visible changes.  The purpose of this build is to field-test
changes to Poppler that retrieve missing font information directly
from OS X rather than the X11-based Fontconfig library. TeX normally
embeds all information into the PDF files it generates, so this change
should have no impact on normal TeXworks usage.  If anyone downloads
this release and runs into problems with font rendering, please let me
know---I am planning to submit patches to the Poppler project in a few
weeks if TeXworks is still running smoothly.

Other minor changes/improvements compared to the 0.4.1 build:

  - The TeXworks manual is now packaged into the Application and
available via the Help menu.

  - The Drag N' Drop installer has been sexed up quite a bit. The
current background image is modified from the Firefox Drag N' Drop
installer---if anyone designs a background specific to TeXworks, send
me a PNG file and I'll consider using it!

-Charlie