[texworks] syntax-patterns.txt

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 06:05:45 CEST 2011

Hi,

One small thing that I have find useful is to make my footnotes grey
out in the editor, makes them interfere less with the text when skim
reading for editing, and also helps me conversely spot where they are.

Under my latex section in syntax-patterns.txt

[Latex]

gray Y \\footnote\{.+\}

Also as I sometimes move the \end{document} up through the document
when troubleshooting any starnge errors (normally caused through
pasting in something from a 'strange' character set) ...

# LaTeX \begin or \end {document}

red    N    \\(?:begin|end)\{document\}

Any one else done anything like these or improved upon anything else?

Paul