[texworks] Background image Drag N' Drop installer

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Tue May 31 07:22:46 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-05-29 23:07, sigmundv at gmail.com wrote:

>     Note that I created
>     the image in Inkscape, and used some rather fancy clipping boxes
>     etc. of
>     which I don't know how portable they are.
>

> Using TikZ (TikZ ist kein Zeichenprogramm) would make the image
> generation very portable. It doesn't output SVG though, but still it
> outputs vector graphics (PDF/EPS - I know, PDF is technically not an
> image format).

Just for clarification: I didn't refer to "portable" in the sense of
cross-platform compatibility (svg is simply a text file, so it should be
loadable/editable on any system), but rather in the sense of "I don't
know which tools can render it properly" (and sadly, Charlie confirmed
these doubts).

Anyway, I figured that none of this actually matters. Using the
mac-installer-background-no-version.png, it should be easy to add the
version number with just about any image editing tool. You can try the
following command line, for example (assuming the environment variable
TW_VERSION is set to the string you want to add):
convert mac-installer-background-no-version.png -fill white -font
'FreeSans-Mittel' -pointsize 20 -draw "gravity SouthWest text 17,7
'$TW_VERSION'" mac-installer-background.png

Of course, the font is specific to the installation, something like
Helvetica would probably be more Mac'ish.

Cheers,