[texworks] Mac OS TeXworks + fontconfig

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Mon May 30 19:52:27 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 4:25 AM, Jonathan Kew <jfkthame at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On my Mac (running OS X 10.6), at least, the font's PS name is ZapfDingbatsITC.
>
> Maybe we could enhance the code to try both ZapfDingbats and ZapfDingbatsITC?
>
> JK

I replaced the declaration of `myName` at the beginning of
`GlobalParams::loadPlatformFont`:

    char * myName = copyString(fontName);

With:

    char *myName;
    if ( strcmp((const char*) fontName, "ZapfDingbats") == 0 ) {
      myName = copyString("ZapfDingbatsITC");
    } else {
      myName = copyString(fontName);
    }

And it works:

    http://i.imgur.com/m0BCk.png

However, the log output is a little worrisome:

QFileSystemWatcher::removePaths: list is empty
Lookup font: Times-Roman
   ATSFontFindFromPostScriptName found fontRef
   found 'glyf' table
   no TTF file found, checking for .dfont
   ATSFontGetTableDirectory succeeded
   font converted to /tmp/98Da6fN1.ttf
Lookup font: Times-Bold
   ATSFontFindFromPostScriptName found fontRef
   found 'glyf' table
   no TTF file found, checking for .dfont
   ATSFontGetTableDirectory succeeded
   font converted to /tmp/gfWpzQXB.ttf
Lookup font: Times-Italic
   ATSFontFindFromPostScriptName found fontRef
   found 'glyf' table
   no TTF file found, checking for .dfont
   ATSFontGetTableDirectory succeeded
   font converted to /tmp/L7ThyTJd.ttf
Lookup font: Times-BoldItalic
   ATSFontFindFromPostScriptName found fontRef
   found 'glyf' table
   no TTF file found, checking for .dfont
   ATSFontGetTableDirectory succeeded
   font converted to /tmp/xFpzSIW0.ttf
Lookup font: Helvetica
   ATSFontFindFromPostScriptName found fontRef
   found 'glyf' table
   no TTF file found, checking for .dfont
   ATSFontGetTableDirectory succeeded
   font converted to /tmp/PlNgba9C.ttf
Lookup font: Helvetica-Bold
   ATSFontFindFromPostScriptName found fontRef
   found 'glyf' table
   no TTF file found, checking for .dfont
   ATSFontGetTableDirectory succeeded
   font converted to /tmp/8KYyCUil.ttf
Lookup font: Helvetica-Oblique
   ATSFontFindFromPostScriptName found fontRef
   found 'glyf' table
   no TTF file found, checking for .dfont
   ATSFontGetTableDirectory succeeded
   font converted to /tmp/r2VM1GCT.ttf
Lookup font: Helvetica-BoldOblique
   ATSFontFindFromPostScriptName found fontRef
   found 'glyf' table
   no TTF file found, checking for .dfont
   ATSFontGetTableDirectory succeeded
   font converted to /tmp/gKH1ob2W.ttf
Lookup font: Courier
   ATSFontFindFromPostScriptName found fontRef
   found 'glyf' table
   no TTF file found, checking for .dfont
   ATSFontGetTableDirectory succeeded
   font converted to /tmp/NeCalckZ.ttf
Lookup font: Courier-Bold
   ATSFontFindFromPostScriptName found fontRef
   found 'glyf' table
   no TTF file found, checking for .dfont
   ATSFontGetTableDirectory succeeded
   font converted to /tmp/03fSA2NP.ttf
Lookup font: Courier-Oblique
   ATSFontFindFromPostScriptName found fontRef
   found 'glyf' table
   no TTF file found, checking for .dfont
   ATSFontGetTableDirectory succeeded
   font converted to /tmp/YLybIE9j.ttf
Lookup font: Courier-BoldOblique
   ATSFontFindFromPostScriptName found fontRef
   found 'glyf' table
   no TTF file found, checking for .dfont
   ATSFontGetTableDirectory succeeded
   font converted to /tmp/aT8tcGz3.ttf
Lookup font: Symbol
   ATSFontFindFromPostScriptName found fontRef
   found 'glyf' table
   found in file: /System/Library/Fonts/Symbol.ttf
Lookup font: ZapfDingbatsITC
   ATSFontFindFromPostScriptName found fontRef
   found 'glyf' table
   found in file: /System/Library/Fonts/ZapfDingbats.ttf
Bogus memory allocation size
Bogus memory allocation size
Bogus memory allocation size
Bogus memory allocation size