[texworks] Background image Drag N' Drop installer

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Mon May 30 00:19:16 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 29, 2011 at 2:07 PM, sigmundv at gmail.com <sigmundv at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Note that I created
>> the image in Inkscape, and used some rather fancy clipping boxes etc. of
>> which I don't know how portable they are.
>
> Using TikZ (TikZ ist kein Zeichenprogramm) would make the image generation
> very portable. It doesn't output SVG though, but still it outputs vector
> graphics (PDF/EPS - I know, PDF is technically not an image format).
> /Sigmund

The final image format needs to be a bitmap such as PNG with spaces to
hold icons as big as 128px square. This could be done in TikZ by using
the Preview package and then applying ImageMagick's convert tool. If
anyone puts in the time to draw up a background, I'm willing to take a
look at it.

If there is more than one submission, we could hold a vote to decide
which to use.

-Charlie