[texworks] Mac OS TeXworks + fontconfig

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun May 29 10:40:17 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-05-28 18:12, Charlie Sharpsteen wrote:
> Allright, I patched some debugging output int GlobalParamsMac.cc:
>
>     https://github.com/Sharpie/TeXworks/blob/poppler-font-handling/lib-patches/poppler-debug.patch
>
> The patch prints out the value of `fontName` which is sent into the
> font loading function and the value of `fontPath` which is the font
> file that will be loaded.  This is the resulting output when `loading
> base-14-fonts.pdf`:

Thanks for testing.

> [snip]
>
> So, the problem appears to be that ZapfDingbats is not being
> recognized.  However, the font files do exist
>
> On 10.6.7:
>
>     /System/Library/Fonts/ZapfDingbats.ttf
>
> On 10.5.0:
>
>     /System/Library/Fonts/ZapfDingbats.dfont
>
> Perhaps there is something exceptional about the dingbat font that
> keeps the logic in `GlobalParams::loadPlatformFont` from recognizing
> it as valid?

Maybe. I sent you a pull request that adds more debug output (basically,
around every point in the function where something can go wrong).
Hopefully this will give a better indication where things fail.

-Stefan

PS: phew, branching remote branches, cherry-picking commits, I'm
learning a lot about git here :).