[texworks] Feature request : switching on/off layers

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Mon May 23 02:57:31 CEST 2011

Hi Jack,

Are you wanting to analyse Obama's birth certificate ?  :):):)

http://wireupdate.com/video/2011/04/president-obamas-birth-certificate-pdf-has-layers/

On a more serious note...

I do not know how much work is involved and there appeared previously
to be questions here ( http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3328 )  on
functionality: "The only limitation is that there is no easy way to
know which pages are affected by toggling a layer, and that is the
only problem that keeps me from adding the layer support in Okular"

"Layer supports: Poppler now supports the layers in PDF documents, and
the Qt4 frontend exposes an item model (
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.1/qabstractitemmodel.html ) for reading and
manipulating the layers (enable and disable them). The only limitation
is that there is no easy way to know which pages are affected by
toggling a layer, and that is the only problem that keeps me from
adding the layer support in Okular (a basically working patch without
immediate page refreshing lies on my HD)."

Haven't yet seen anything more recent yet but it might be out there somewhere...

Paul