[texworks] Another TeXworks mac build (with a buildsystem!)

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Wed May 18 00:09:35 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 11:23 PM, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

snip

>>     2. Re-clone the SVN repo using `svn` as the root path instead of
>> `svn/trunk`---this will create a full mirror. Then I would move my
>> master branch over to this new clone. The problem with this choice is
>> that anyone who has already cloned my git repository would have to
>> deal with an "upstream rebase" (this means the history of a repository
>> you pulled from got re-written). This means that they have to stash
>> any changes that I haven't accepted in a pull request and then
>> re-synch with my master branch:

snip

> So, it would seem to me that making a cut now is probably the best
> option. I don't know how many people (apart from me) actually have
> changes to the code they need to rebase - please speak up now ;) - but I
> guess the number is small.
>
> HTH
> Stefan

That is my feeling too.  I hate to re-write published history, but the
result will be a proper clone of the SVN history with the ability to
import future tags and branches.

The sooner it happens, the less painful it will be.

So, I will rebase my master branch onto a full clone of the SVN
history this weekend---if anyone out there has cloned my repository
and made changes either submit a pull request to get them into my
master before the rebase or make a note of your commit numbers so you
can cherry-pick them afterwards.

-Charlie