[texworks] Building TeXworks for the Mac yourself

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Mon May 16 08:06:13 CEST 2011

On 15/05/2011 13:33, Stefan Löffler wrote:
> Anyway, with Charlie's build system for the Mac in place, you almost
> good to go for building TeXworks yourself - if you want. I've uploaded a
> guide derived from the original readme file at
> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/BuildingOnMacOSXHomebrew. AFAIK,
> however, it was not tested on a clean (meaning: no development files
> installed) system, yet. So, if you're willing to try, please take a look
> at it, and report anything (be at a successful compilation, a problem, a
> suggestion, or whatever else) you experience here so we can improve this
> guide and others can follow in your footsteps in the future.

After a few false starts to strip out some material from earlier
attempts, I seem to have got this working. The only notes I'd add are
that (1) Xcode 3 is on the second DVD that came with my Mac, so I
avoided downloading it. (Install the 'Developer Tools' or something like
that.) (2) Building Qt tool over 2 hours even after it was downloaded,
and the download was also pretty long. So pick a time when you can leave
that particular step running.

(P.S. The extra menu item does seem to have gone - thanks)
--
Joseph Wright