[texworks] Updated builds of TeXworks for OS X

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Mon May 16 01:30:53 CEST 2011

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 3:01 AM, Joseph Wright
<joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk> wrote:
> On 15/05/2011 02:01, Charlie Sharpsteen wrote:
>>   - The first build does not contain a proper Info.plist file which
>> means OS X will not recognize it as an editor for `.tex` files.
>
> Would it be sensible to add at least some of the other file types to the
> list? For example, .ltx is used by some people for LaTeX files, and for
> developers like me .dtx would be nice :-)
>
> (I guess this can be done 'by hand', but I know that on Windows TeXworks
> will be associated with a number of file types, for example .cls)

Currently it looks like TeXworks only associates its self with .tex,
.ltx and .pdf on OS X.  The relevant file in the TeXworks source is
TeXworks.plist.in, under the XML section starting with
"CFBundleDocumentTypes".

I agree that this list should be expanded. However I am reluctant to
modify this file myself as I am trying to keep changes to existing
files in my fork to a minimum. This policy ensures an easy merge of my
work back into SVN if/when the time comes.

Perhaps it would be more appropriate to address this issue by
submitting a patch directly to the main TeXworks repo? The changes
would propagate downstream into my builds.

-Charlie