[texworks] \begin...\end environment completion?

Murray Eisenberg murray at math.umass.edu
Fri May 6 17:12:30 CEST 2011

I'm using current texworks in Mac TeXShop. Is there some way to cause
the texworks editor to supply automatically the \end{env} part of a
\begin{env}...\end{env} environment delimiters after I type the
"\begin{env}" part?

This is something I'm accustomed to doing in WinEdt under Windows (with
any TeX engine). There, for example, if I type

   \begin{enumerate}

and press Alt-Enter, the editor automatically inserts a blank line after
what I typed, automatically types \end{enumerate}, and positions the
cursor back at the start of the blank line, so what I have is:

   \begin{enumerate}
   *
   \end{enumerate}

A great time-saver.

I'm told that the Mac is a more user-friendly place to work than a PC
with Windows, but I cannot even find documentation about such a feature
for texworks (or TeXShop).

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305