[texworks] Two problems with TeXworks 0.4.0 on Mac OSX 10.6.7

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 19:16:29 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-04-22 05:26, Vafa Khalighi wrote:
> I downloaded the latest version from
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/vs9qutjgtwised7/TeXworks.zip but I have two
> problems:
>
>    1. In "Preferences=>Scripts" I can not activate "Enable plug-in
>       scripting languages".

By "can not activate", do you mean:
1) you can't click the checkbox (e.g., it is disabled, gray, ...)
2) you can click the checkbox, but no checkmark appears
3) you can check the box, but settings are not retained after closing
the preferences dialog / the application
4) everything of the above works as expected, but the setting doesn't
seem to have any effect
5) something else.

I would expect nr. 4, in which case I would go on speculating that the
build you use doesn't have scripting plugins compiled in / doesn't
provide them. If that is the case, the setting you mention naturally has
no visible effect. Also note that you need to have lua and/or python
scripts installed or use "Scripts > Scripting TeXworks > About
Scripts..." to see any effect.

HTH
Stefan

PS: "Only if the Ubuntu and Mac versions are build with different
versions of Qt!"
Oh, but they are. Ubuntu uses the Linux version, and on the Mac the Mac
version is used. Most of the code is identical, of course, but some
parts depend on platform-specific features/code/libraries, so in effect
they are different (even with the same version number).