[texworks] Call for Help: Testing

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 17:36:30 CEST 2011

Hi,

thanks for the positive feedback.

On 2011-04-18 13:35, Paul A Norman wrote:
> Pdf previeew issue 91 ver767, awesome - just a comment in Windows, one
> you double click and the other you left click - can both be made to
> operate on either approach, the same approach, or a single click?  And
> in the Text editor the line number one be activated as well (I just
> discovered that the other two (CR-LF UTF-8) in the Text editor operate
> off a left click - very useful).

For me (Linux), it's right-clicking for all but the page. The reason for
this is that they all open context menus (which are typically associated
with a right-click). The page label, OTOH, initiates an action (namely
opening the "Goto page" dialog), which would seem rather weird (to me,
anyway) to be initiated by a right-click. Besides, I seem to remember
that several applications have a double-click activation on that
(granted, most applications have an edit box there, but AFAIK this
produces significant problems on the Mac due to its size).
Regarding the editor, I missed the line label. I'll try to remember it
until I find time to fix it ;).

> I was looking
> through http://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/list trying to
> identify what else there was to check...
>
> Re-compression --
>
> I noticed http://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/detail?r=763#
> Hasnlt helped us much yet, did another check on latest exe ...

Yeah, it was just a first attempt, I didn't have time to look into this
issue in detail yet. As far as (stable) releases are concerned, I'd
prefer to go with uncompressed files, as they don't change that often
(people don't have to download too much), hard disk space is not that
limitted anymore these days (we're talking about 21MB) and speed is nice
to have. For "daily" testing builds, OTOH, I agree that size matters,
and speed does not so much. Still, I'd like to investigate this first.

Cheers,