[texworks] Call for Help: Testing

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 13:35:04 CEST 2011

Dear Stefan,

I think that your tweaking has got Tw starting more quickly, at least on
Windows Xp, and that is great thank you!

Help/"Settings and Resources" is working very smoothly, thanks for that. Its
a great help for pointing people to.

Windows toolbar tips are looking great now, issue 387 ver796

Pdf previeew issue 91 ver767, awesome - just a comment in Windows, one you
double click and the other you left click - can both be made to operate on
either approach, the same approach, or a single click?  And in the Text
editor the line number one be activated as well (I just discovered that the
other two (CR-LF UTF-8) in the Text editor operate off a left click - very
useful).

I was looking through http://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/list trying
to identify what else there was to check...

Re-compression --

I noticed http://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/detail?r=763#
Hasnlt helped us much yet, did another check on latest exe ...

Ran UPX on the latest TeXworks.exe

TeXworks.exe  21,162 Kb     UPX  -9     down to 8,199 Kb  I believe it adds
about one second to the start-up time.

I think UPX is available for Linux as well(?)

Awesome progress on many fronts :)

Paul