[texworks] TeXworks-0.4 on OpenBSD

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 16:13:44 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-04-13 15:55, Edd Barrett wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 12:05:32PM +0100, Edd Barrett wrote:
>> I have almost finished porting 0.4 to OpenBSD, there was minor patching
>> required.
> Doh, i spoke too soon. TeXworks locks up every 10 minutes of so and
> eventually crashes. Here is a backtrace, any ideas? I will leave this
> terminal open so that I can probe deeper if anyone know how to debug
> this, I don't even know which frame to begin with...

hm..., an error in QWingedEdge. Do you by any chance use highlighing of
the current line, and a Qt < 4.2, and the memory usage of the Tw went
sky-high? In that case,
http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-15823 might affect you. A
patch for Qt is provided in the lib-patches subdirectory (see the README
there), or alternatively build the latest version of Qt.
This is just a guess, though.

HTH