[texworks] New features and fixes to test

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 14:14:52 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-04-11 10:39, Jjgod Jiang wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 3:08 PM, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> any progress on the testing of the new features? Do things work as
>> expected? Do the test cases succeed?
>> Also, what about the recent changes to the poppler patches for the Mac?
> I can test the poppler patches once I get some time.

Great.

> Meanwhile, can you please update the TeXworks.pro to match the updated build instructions for Mac? Thanks.

I'm a bit reluctant to update TeXworks.pro, since that describes
Jonathan's "official" build system. Especially as long as there is no
one definite way of building Tw for the Mac (work has been reported on a
Fink package, a homebrew package, as well as some custom/manual way).
For now, the instructions on the mailing list are specific to some
specific environments (e.g., 64 bit Intel processors on Mac 10.6), and
while they are useful for individual testing, they are not good defaults
for the official file.
That said, the preferred way for accessing Tw is through a subversion
checkout. With that, modifications to TeXworks.pro would have to be done
only once (per computer). I'd very much would like to have a guide for
this on the wiki, but no one has replied to my post of an initial draft
some time ago.

HTH