[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Patrick Gundlach patrick at gundla.ch
Thu Apr 7 16:21:00 CEST 2011

Hi,

this sounds like a "local" problem to me. Do you have access to that page when you copy the following link into your web browser?

Funktioniert diese URL, wenn du sie in den Browser kopierst?

http://api.miktex.org/Repository.asmx

Perhaps MikTeX doesn't honor some proxy settings? For me being no MikTeX expert, this does not sound like a problem that is directly related to TW, right?

Patrick

just for the non-german speaking user:

> ich habe ein Problem, ich bekomme den movie15 nicht installiert, wegen einer nicht autorisierten Berechtigung oder so.
>
> Können Sie mir helfen, wie kann ich den movie 15 nachinstallieren. Ich denke das wird bei mir geblockt.
>
> Kann ich den movie15 auch anders nachinstallieren?

this is a longer version of the translation given:

> I have  problems to install the movie15.

> <TITLE>FEHLER: Cache-Zugriff Verweigert</TITLE>

error: cache access denied

> Während des Versuches, die Seite<BR>

while trying to access the page

> <A HREF="http://api.miktex.org/Repository.asmx">http://api.miktex.org/Repository.asmx</A><BR>
>
> zu laden, trat der folgende Fehler auf:

the following error occured:

> <STRONG>Cache-Zugriff verweigert</STRONG>

cache access denied.

> <P>Leider sind Sie zur Zeit nicht berechtigt
>
> <PRE>    http://api.miktex.org/Repository.asmx</PRE>
>
> von diesem Cache zu beziehen, bis Sie sich authentifiziert haben.

you're not allowed to get [url] until you are authenticated.