[texworks] Path for Scripts on Windows for Texlive and Miktex

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 20:41:43 CEST 2011

Hi,

On 2011-04-03 21:02, Matthias Pospiech wrote:
> I would like to install some scripts, but on texlive and miktex tw is
> located at
> the main bin path and thus has no subdirs with scripts.
> Therefore I would like to know where scripts are supposed to be located
> in the case of miktex and texlive.

scripts are usually not supposed to be located alongside the main
application (unless special steps a taken, such as configuring portable
mode).
Scripts are always located in the "scripts" subdirectory of the resource
folder. The resource folder, in turn, is located in a system-specific
and configurable place. For the defaults, see
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/TipsAndTricks#Locating_and_customizing_TeXworks_resources

If you have the respective TeXworks executables installed, you can also
use "Scripts > Scripting TeXworks > Show Scripts Folder" to determine
the location.

HTH
Stefan

PS: Both MiKTeX and TeXLive may have altered those default locations
(usually to put the configuration files inside the texmf tree). This is
better asked on the respective mailing lists, however, as that are
distro-specific and not part of the "official" Tw code.