[texworks] smart quotes – default?

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 12:22:25 CEST 2011

Hi Arno,

By design akaik (and this kind of thing has come up with other things)
Tw `remembers' some of these things document by document upon the
document being saved- for reopening.

Edit / Preferences then Editor tab lets me change the Encoding, and if
I close the programme, and the restart it, my changed encoding appears
to be there for any document (new or reopened).

And new documents come out with Format / Smart Quotes set to None, but
any setting I make in a document and then save the document and reopen
it, the  Smart Quotes setting saved with the document is still with
the document when it is reopened.

Is this happening for you as well?

If changes are not being recorded between Tw sessions, is it possible
that you do not (your Tw session does not) have write permissions
wherever your Tw settings are being stored, or should you see an OS
error message if that were happening?

Paul