[texworks] line numbers Merge and text disappears

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 00:20:18 CEST 2011

Hi Johannes,

Yes it happens daily for me still, may be a Qt thing on Windows,
because no one on Mac or Linux has seen it yet.

There are a few quirks appearing in Windows versions only. (Or is it
the Ming cross compile? Anyone building Tw on Windows form sources? I
stopped doing it a while ago.)

If funds came the project's way then may be Stefan should be given an
Xp/Win7 machine!

Like today I accidently opened a TOC via synTeX form preview in screen
two, and the new window bloated out beyond the edges of my main screen
one window (metaphorically speaking!) and I could not even see the
title bar, nor the right edge of the TOC source file window.

For this line number corruption thing, you can, as a workaround, clear
it by un-setting and then re-setting the Line numbers feature in
Format Line Numbers -- worth doing or your edits could get mucked up
if you make any <-- still trying to think that one through :)

Whatever, you will not be able to access the text that is occluded otherwise.

Paul