[texworks] Where does TW stores configuration and settings?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Mar 26 16:51:22 CET 2011

Hi,

On 2011-03-26 14:01, Andreas Hirsch wrote:
> at the moment, I'm using TW on Windows Vista out of TL2010 and I changed
> some settings. As far as I can see, these are stored in <users>/TeXworks/
>
> For testing I've installed TW 0.4
>
> Does it read this Configuration? Apperently not ...

It may well be that the TL version was customized to store configuration
etc. in some different place (probably the texmf tree).

To locate that folder, there are several possibilities:
 * If there is a texworks-setup.ini file alongside TeXworks.exe it will
contain the folders where resources and settings are stored.
 * If TL included some relatively recent 0.3 version (I don't think it
does, but I don't know), then there should be a menu item "Scripts >
Scripting TeXworks > Show Scripts Folder" that opens the scripts/
subfolder of the resources folder.
 * Otherwise, the TL guys should be able to help you.

Note: There is no easy way ATM to port settings from a file to the
registry (or vice versa). This only affects general settings (such as
the font in the editor), but not the tool list (that is always stored in
a file).

HTH