[texworks] Where does TW stores configuration and settings?

Andreas Hirsch nishni_nowgorod at gaponline.de
Sat Mar 26 14:24:27 CET 2011

quoting Joseph Wright, [26.03.2011 14:08 +0100]:
> On 26/03/2011 13:01, Andreas Hirsch wrote:

>> at the moment, I'm using TW on Windows Vista out of TL2010 and I changed
>> some settings. As far as I can see, these are stored in <users>/TeXworks/
>>
>> For testing I've installed TW 0.4
>>
>> Does it read this Configuration? Apperently not ...

> On Windows, the settings are stored the Registry
> (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TUG\TeXworks), while the more dynamic stuff
> is stored in %USERPROFILE%\TexWorks. You've not said which settings you
> want to alter, so it's hard to give more advice

For example, I added an entry to 'Textsatz' (don't know how this tab is
labelled in the englisch screenshot - please see the attached screenshot
for explanation) which does not occur in TW 0.4

Andreas

--
'People, it has been said, can be placed in three classes:
  the few who makes things happen,
  the many, watching things happen and
  the overwhelming majority who have no idea what is happening.'
			Nicolas Murray Butler