[texworks] Dictionary in TW 0.4.0 (r759)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 11:27:28 CET 2011

Hi,

On 2011-03-23 10:45, Johannes Heck wrote:
> first: It's great, i really like working in TW 0.4.0 now.
> For me, some important improvements make every day work easier.

I'm glad to hear that :).

> But theres one thing where i wonder if it is a bug or not:
> I installed one dictionary and selected it in preferences as default
> spell checking dict. But when I open my current document, tw always
> uses no dict/spell checking on startup, I always have to choose it
> manually via Edit\Spell Checking\ menu.
> did others notice this, too?

I don't see this here on Linux. Do you have one (or more) of:
 * a "%!TeX spellcheck" line in the document you open
 * The "Babel language" hook script enabled
If so, please disable them and try again.

If the problem persists:
 * When you open Tw with an empty file, does the Edit > spelling menu
show "None" or the default language?

> Should I open an issue?

We'll see ;).

HTH