[texworks] Message from TeXworks user

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 23:11:12 CET 2011

Dear Andrew,

Similar can be accomplished in this way.

(These are MS Windows mouse and keyboard movements - convert to your
OS as required)

Place the Cursor at the beginning of the text you want  (left click
once there).

Release the mouse button completely.

(Do not now click in the editor with the mouse, while trying to find
the end of text position) Mouse Wheel Scroll, or use the slider at
text editor right, down to get where you want your "text block" to
end.

Once the end position of your new "text block" is in sight ...

Depress the Shift key and then while the shift key is down, click once
with the Left Mouse Button in the document where your text block is to
end.

Release the Shift Key.

The same method can be used to "block text" from bottom to top.

Hope that this helps.

Even if we can use block markers (on Windows - WordStar / WordPerfect
style), this method is probably effectively faster using fewer key
strokes etc - on my system at least.

Paul