[texworks] "jump to source" not working 0.3r736

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 17:40:17 CET 2011

Hi,

On 2011-03-09 16:27, Alain Delmotte wrote:
> Either with CRLF or LF I have the same:
> Jump to source or Jump to pdf brings the corresponding window under
> focus.

Are you talking about the line endings in the .tex file, or about the
line endings in the .synctex file? I was referring to the latter, which
normally should get created automatically and you don't have to touch it.

> To use synctex I am using Ctrl+Click on the part I want to move to.
>
> I don't remember that the menu options Jump to... where moving to
> specific place!

There is a difference between "Go to..." (items in the Window menu,
shortcut Ctrl+'), and "Jump to..." (the items in the context menu you
get when you right-click). The former have no notion of position, and
indeed just switch the focus between the two windows. The latter do know
where you are (because you right-clicked there), so they take you to the
corresponding place in the other window. It's really the same as
Ctrl+clicking, just without any keyboard key ;).

HTH