[texworks] Call for Help: Proofreading the manual

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 22:21:41 CET 2011

Hi,

first of all thanks for all the excellent comments. It seems there are
even more things I don't know about professional typesetting than I had
thought ;).

Some replies/comments from my side:

I've replaced the font for the quote on the front page by the original
one, with the exception of "TeX" which is set in standard Latin Modern.
I chose that Chancery font because I think it looks somewhat better -
more "handwritten" - than the normal Latin Modern. I guess it's a matter
of taste...

On 2011-03-07 18:22, William Adams wrote:
>  - do we want to use guillemets for quoting in the English language version? I see English quotes in some places, guillemets in others --- shouldn't this be consistent?

The normal text should use English quoting everywhere. IIRC, Guillemets
are used only in the regexp section to delimit text that is to be input
into a textbox. With normal quotes, it would be too easy to mistake it
for a quotation mark character, at least during casual reading, IMO. If
guillemets are used anywhere else it would be wrong.

On 2011-03-07 18:24, William Adams wrote:
> The Bibliography and Index heads and background grey bar aren't in the same positions --- why?

That's a very good question. It seems to originate in the interaction
between the makeindex and fncychap packages, though I have no idea where
the problem lies exactly. Does anyone else on this list have a suggestion?

New versions are available at:
http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0325258/projects/c/texworks/manual-r40.pdf
http://web.student.tuwien.ac.at/~e0325258/projects/c/texworks/TeXworks-manual-r40.zip

Cheers,