[texworks] Call for Help: Proofreading the manual

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Mar 4 22:05:35 CET 2011

On 2011-03-04 at 19:31:23 +0100, Helge Kruse wrote:

 > Am 02.03.2011 21:41, schrieb Stefan Löffler:
 > > Hi,
 > >
 > > as announced earlier, I've been updating and revamping the manual a bit
 > > for the upcoming 0.4 release.
 > >
 > > Attached are the html and pdf versions (no sources yet, until the
 > > license issue is resolved). Please have a look at it, and tell me what
 > > you think. Is something unclear? Is something missing? Do you have any
 > > other comments or suggestions?
 >
 > I can't open the PDF document with my Adobe Acrobat 5.1.0 "The file is
 > damaged and cannot be repaired" on my laptop. But using AR 9.4.2 works
 > on the desktop PC. What is the minimum required version and should this
 > be noted somewhere?

As of TeX Live 2010 the TeX engines are configured to produce PDF 1.5
by default and thus requires Acrobat/AR version 6 at least.  This
change was made in order to enable object stream compression, which
results in smaller files.  It's mentioned in the TeX Live Guide.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25