[texworks] How to enter placeholder in auto-completion file

Paul A Norman paul.a.norman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 23:31:40 CET 2011

Dear Per,

On a Windows machine,

1. Position the cursor in TeXworks where you want it.

2. Turn Number Lock on (leave it on)

3. Keeping the Alt key down.

4. On the numeric key pad type 0149

5. Release the Alt key.

You should have a bullet.

Here is a quick reference for a few of the other possible combinations.

    http://www.nationalfinder.com/html/char-asc.htm

A more comprehensive guide (including unicode is here)

    http://www.fileformat.info/tip/microsoft/enter_unicode.htm

And of course

    http://www.unicode.org/charts/About.html

Paul