[texworks] Call for Help: Mac builds
st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 21:22:35 CET 2011
On 2011-02-25 16:51, Marko Käning wrote:
> If you consider homebrew, have you thought about MacPorts as well? All
> dependencies necessary for TW are already present as ports on MacPorts, so
> it shouldn't be too complicated get TW sucessfully to build.
So far, I somehow was under the impression that MacPorts (and other
"package managers") distributed binary packages - apparently, I was
Basically, I'd consider everything; the problem is that, lacking a Mac
myself, I can't test anything.
Essentially, the requirements as I see them right now are:
* Easy to use
* Should build from source [because of next point]
* Can easily be customized/patched/modified (we need to modify at least
* Allow for universal builds etc.
* Must not pull in redundant/unwanted/... other resources
* We must find someone who is comfortable with implementing all this
Every system that meets these requirements (and possibly others I've
forgotten ;)) is fine for me. As soon as "build from source" is met,
there is not very much low-level difference between running `./configure
&& make && make install` and invoking the packaging system, anyway.
More information about the texworks