[texworks] Call for Help: Mac builds

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 14:26:18 CET 2011

Hi,

On 2011-02-06 13:16, Prerna Atri wrote:
> We are working on creating a package of TeXworks for MAC users on
> Fink. As a step towards that we tried building TeXworks from source by
> following the instructions given in the link for issue 107.
>
> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/issues/detail?id=107

This is a good starting point, but we're currently working on improving
that procedure here in this thread. So you probably want to stay tuned.
If we come up with a good solution, we'll also add that to the wiki on GC.

> We got an error saying qmake command not found. We had installed
> pkgconfig, fontconfig, Qt4 version 4.7, as per the instructtions given
> in the above link.
> We would need  to build TeXworks successfully from source files, in
> order to proceed with the source tarball creation for packaging on fink.

My guess would be that qmake is not in your path. When running `qmake
-v`, you should see the version information. If that doesn't work, it's
a problem with your Qt install (or rather your system's inability to
find it). You should find some information about installing in the Qt
docs, or else have a look on the internet regarding the $PATH variable
(I assume it's the same on the Mac).

HTH
-Stefan