[texworks] Getting package help - a Script

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Feb 14 02:43:48 CET 2011

On 14 February 2011 Paul A Norman wrote:

 > On 14 February 2011 13:11, Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha at web.de> wrote:

 > > I fear that a program called "TexDoc" exists only on operating
 > > systems which don't support ASCII yet.  On all modern systems the
 > > program is called "texdoc".
 >
 > Thanks Reinhard, I have called it in the script using "texdoc", is
 > there a particualr OS that needs it to be called TexDoc that I need
 > to build in for?

No, it's called "texdoc" everywhere.  Only antiquated systems can't
distinguish between "a" and "A".

On Macintoys you can configure whether file names are supposed to be
case sensitive or not.  By default they are case insensitive.

But the real name is "texdoc" and you are always on the safe side if
you invoke it as "texdoc".

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25