[texworks] invoking help documentation....how to do it???

Federico Bonofiglio bonoricus at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 12:00:38 CET 2011

Hi Folks,
I'm new to MikTeX.
I'm currently using TeXworks which is the default editor of miktex.
Obviously I have many issues on the desk but the more stringent..and off
course the one that should gimmie more autonomy, is how to invoke *helping
documentation* from within the editor.

For instance I receive an error message when placing the \address{} command
after the \author{} one, so I need to go on and check documentation to
verify where am I doing the fault.

If anyone uses R I would have imaged something similar to typing
?\address{} in order to having an helping page automatically
displayed.....but off course I'm wrong.
To be honest I haven't found any such reference to a help file system of
that type (I read a guide to LATEX, MATH into LATEX, first steps in LATEX) ,
and also on line manuals aren't quite pressing on that matter.
I've somewhat guessed I should type
\usepackage{doc}   to have any support ..but I'm not able to implement this
correctly, firstly because I don't know where to type such helping
commands...in the log? in the editor itself??

Any hint would be really appreciated,
thank u Dears!!

Federico

----- configuration info -----
TeXworks version : 0.3r670 (MiKTeX 2.9)
Install location : C:/Programmi/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/bin/miktex-texworks.exe
Library path     : C:\Documents and Settings\me\Impostazioni locali\Dati
applicazioni\MiKTeX\2.9\TeXworks\
pdfTeX location  : C:/Programmi/MiKTeX 2.9/miktex/bin/pdftex.exe
Operating system : Windows Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3
(build 2600)
Qt4 version      : 4.7.0 (build) / 4.7.0 (runtime)

--
*Little u can do against ignorance,....it will always disarm u:
is the 2nd principle of thermodinamics made manifest, ...entropy in