[texworks] Call for Help: Mac builds

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Sat Feb 5 20:08:46 CET 2011

Hello Stefan,

Just to answer you questions explicitly:

>  * If the linker can't read the poppler libs, it is no wonder that there
> are many unresolved references to it. If there are no other problems in
> the linker output (e.g., undefined symbols not related to poppler),
> we're on the right track.

I'll continue to work on it: a chance to learn lots of programming stuff.

>  * It strikes me as odd that the lib is called libpoppler-qt4.3.dylib.
> You did download Qt 4.7, right? Was it used correctly? Or is the
> filename just coincidence, and the .3 does not signify the minor version
> of Qt 4?

I've only got Qt 4.7.1 installed: I see that Bruno got exactly the same
file name. To be on the safe side, I've removed everything and will have
another got.

>  * In TeXworks.pro, I found on line 84 the statement "CONFIG += x86
> ppc". Depending on your system, you may have to change this if you're
> not building universal binaries for now.

I've tried with and without 'ppc': the net result is the same in both
cases. For the moment I'm sticking with x86 only.
--
Joseph Wright