[texworks] [MacTeX] Call for Help: Mac builds

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Freenet.DE
Sat Feb 5 14:37:18 CET 2011

Am 05.02.2011 um 10:28 schrieb Bruno Voisin:

> Problem in my case is time. And competence: for example, I don't
> even know which Qt is required from <http://qt.nokia.com/downloads/downloads#lgpl
> >: the complete SDK, or the framework alone?

Bruno,

the SDK would be needed if you were going to build X11 binaries that
use the Qt toolkit. If you intend to build "native" Mac OS X
applications with Qt, then you'll use Mac OS X Frameworks – if Nokia
uses the term "framework" with the same meaning as Apple with
"Framework". Presumingly, for Nokia it's just a set of shared
libraries that X11 Qt clients need to run on a computer that is not
the same as where they were built. So I think you'd need to compile
and install the complete SDKs – and build static very fat universal
binaries (for 64-bit support as well). Otherwise every user would need
to install a Qt "framework".

When building the Qt SDKs you'd need to configure them as "mac".
Presumingly these MacPorts packages do this as well:

	qt4-mac                        @4.7.1          aqua/qt4-mac
	(qt4-mac-devel                  @4.7.0-beta2    aqua/qt4-mac-devel)

With the next package

	qt4_select                     @0.3            sysutils/qt4_select

you can have the other qt4 package installed too and make either the
Mac or the X11 variant available for software compilation:

	qt4-x11                        @4.4.3          x11/qt4-x11

Presumingly...

--
Greetings

   Pete

They're putting dimes in the hole in my head to see the change in me.