[texworks] Call for Help: Translations

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 10:02:45 CET 2011

Hi,

since we're getting closer to the next release of Tw (0.4) and there are
no changes to the user interface envisaged before that, I want to ask
everyone of you who knows other languages than English good enough to be
aware of IT-lingo to contribute some translations to Tw. In 0.2 we
supported 18 non-English languages, and I sincerely hope we can at least
keep that level of internationalization in 0.4.

To get you started, you need the source code of Tw (there's no
programming or compiling involved) and the tool Qt Linguist.

Some information about getting the source code is available at
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/Building and
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/BuildingOnWindowsMinGW (you only
need the part about subversion and obtaining the code; all sections
about compiling or libraries can safely be skipped).

Qt Linguist is part of the Qt SDK which can be downloaded from
http://qt.nokia.com/downloads (choose LGPL when asked).

Instructions how to do the translation are available at
http://code.google.com/p/texworks/wiki/Translating.

Just post you finished translations here, or mail me personally (if
there are problems with attachments).

Thanks in advance,
Stefan

PS: Does anyone know of a way to obtain Qt Linguist without having to
download the full SDK?