[texworks] line numbers Merge and text disappears

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sat Feb 5 09:05:47 CET 2011

Hi,

On 2011-02-04 08:56, Paul A Norman wrote:
> On 3 February 2011 19:56, Stefan Löffler <st.loeffler at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Strange, I've never seen anything like that before. Is it reproducible?
> Its fickle so far as I can tell yet. Seems more likely to happen to a
> long document.

Seems we're still only left with fickle bugs nowadays ;).
It's also not document-specific (i.e., if it occurs in a document once,
it also occurs for that doc after restarting Tw), is it?

>>  And what "lineNumbers=" value does your TeXworks.conf
>> show
> I can not find that file I've looked  everywhere
>
>  - is it the .ini   in <TeXworks>/TUG/TeXworks.ini that is one that is changing?

Yes. It's called .conf on Linux, sorry for that - I was not quite sure
how it's called on Windows (it's Qt implementation-specific).

> However are line numbers in the current document meant to disappear
> when you change the preference while in that document(?), because that
> is not happening.

No. The preferences setting is sort of a default value used, e.g., for
new documents. Once a document has a setting, that is no longer affected
by the preferences. It can be changed in the "Format" menu, though.

> And is anything of this sort of action stored in TeXworks.ini  with
> the encoded info in it for recent documents?

I just checked, and indeed it is (src/TeXDocument.cpp, l. 1364). You
should be able to disable the recent file list, however, by setting
maxRecentFiles=0 in TeXworks.ini (though I never tried this).

HTH