[texworks] Implementing word and / or character level synchronization in TeXworks using SyncTeX

amartyo banerjee amartyo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 14:58:10 CET 2011

Hi,

At the place where I work, we are very interested in adding to the
'Jump to Source' feature in TeXworks such that one can jump to a
particular character or word in the source file that has been
highlighted in the output pdf file. It would make it much easier to
work with the LaTeX files we use in production, which often contain
very large paras.

I understand that similar functionality is implemented in TeXShop and iTeXMac2.

Is any work already being done to implement this feature? If so when
might it be available, either in svn or a release version?

If nobody else is already planning / working on it, I would appreciate
any and all pointers on how to go about implementing this feature.
Like I said, it really needs to implemented in my workplace. Also,
what would be required to get this incorporated into TexWorks, once it
is complete?

Regards
Amartyo