[texworks] Bug - figure in texworks

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 08:07:13 CET 2011

Hi,

On 2011-02-02 07:20, Sivasubramani S wrote:
>      I have attached the figure in pdf format. When i included in
> texworks using \includegraphics, symbols (letters also ) are not
> displayed,

FWIW, the attached file works for me on both Linux (with ms fonts
installed) and Windows. But as others have already pointed out, some
fonts are not embedded - to be on the safe side, you should change this.

So, all in all, this might not be a Tw-related issue at all (it only is
if there is a flaw in the pdf previewer). But you still haven't answered
the basic questions:
*) What OS do you run Visio on?
*) What OS do you run Tw on?
*) What version of Tw do you use?
*) What pdf viewer(s) do you use on each of the systems?
*) Do the fonts show in any of them? If so, in which?
*) Do the fonts show in any of them _before_ running LaTeX, i.e., when
viewing the source file as created by Visio? If so, in which?

Without answers to these (and possibly some follow-up) questions, it
will be difficult to impossible to help you (though I'm not saying with
them it will be possible; but it should be possible to tell if there is
indeed a bug in Tw, or some other problem).

-Stefan