[texworks] 'Overload' copyToFind() to accept string from Script?

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 08:01:07 CET 2011

Hi,

On 2011-01-30 11:33, Paul A Norman wrote:
> Is there any way that TeXDocument.cpp  -   void TeXDocument::copyToFind()
> could be (not sure about C++ terminology here :) 'overloaded' so that
> if a string was passed from Script it would not look for a text
> curssor selection but in  process (prepare) in copyToFind()  the
> Script supplied string instead please?

It's possible in principle, but I don't see any particular use for that
ATM - i.e., assuming that copyToFind is not one of the more frequently
used functions from scripting. After all, you can always work around
this by simply inserting the string you want to search for in a
document, select it, call copyToFind as it is, and delete the selection
again. I agree that's not very convenient, but for rarely using it I
think it should be OK.

For now, I'd rather focus on finally getting 0.4 done. But you can
collect such feature requests and we can review the list in the future
(rather than tackling each overloading (correct C++ terminology, BTW ;))
separately).

HTH