[texworks] Bug - figure in texworks

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Wed Feb 2 07:47:42 CET 2011

Le 2 févr. 2011 à 07:30, Sivasubramani S a écrit :

> Sorry.... The figure i wanted to include has been attached here in pdf format.

The fonts are not embedded:

$ pdffonts 3phasesystem.pdf
name                                 type              emb sub uni object ID
------------------------------------ ----------------- --- --- --- ---------
IOPALI+SymbolMT                      CID TrueType      yes yes yes    341  0
TimesNewRomanPS-BoldItalicMT         TrueType          no  no  no     333  0
Arial-BoldMT                         TrueType          no  no  no     336  0
TimesNewRomanPSMT                    TrueType          no  no  no     338  0
TimesNewRomanPS-ItalicMT             TrueType          no  no  no     339  0

The cure:

- Make sure the xpdf tools are installed. If not, <http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/download.html>.

- Make sure the excellent epspdf(tk) is installed. It's part of any recent TeX Live. Otherwise <http://tex.aanhet.net/epspdf/>.

Then postprocess your PDF file with epspdf(tk), making sure the prepress option is selected. Says the epspdf(tk) doc:

"You can embed fonts after the fact by converting pdf to eps or ps, and back to pdf, with target use set to “prepress”. However, don’t try this unless you have pdftops."

I did this using the epspdftk GUI, you can probably use the command line epspdf as well. The way this works on the Mac: