[texworks] TW-Highlighting-colors aren't equal to GUI-colors

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Jan 25 13:49:28 CET 2011

Le 25 janv. 2011 à 13:24, Johannes Heck a écrit :

> i've just noticed that (at least) on Win XP, TW doesn't use the standard OS-GUI-Colors for highlighting text aren't equal to the OS' GUI definitions. I changed the colors on Win XP on my Laptop to a "contrast"-theme for better readability and more eye-friendlyness at low brightness od the TFT.

Disclaimer: my platform is Mac, not Windows, so the following may be irrelevant.

TeXworks isn't built directly on the OS, but through the Qt multi-platform framework for GUI. Hence it's very well possible that its mechanism for color setting is independent from the OS theme. The way colors work in QT is described at <http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qcolor.html>.

In addition, TeXworks seems to have predefined, non-customizable syntax highlighting color schemes selected in TeXworks Preferences > Editor, one for LaTeX and the other for ConTeXt (at least on build r567 which is the latest available build for the Mac). That color scheme seems static, ie unaffected by the theme.

Bruno Voisin