[texworks] Informations request from Italy

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at me.com
Tue Dec 21 10:16:13 CET 2010

Le 21 déc. 2010 à 08:20, tgordini at libero.it a écrit :

> I'm an Italian TeX user. I would ask you a question: it's possible to find a
> complete list of all allowed encoding names in TeXworks?
> I.e.:
>
> % !TeX encoding = ***

The allowed encoding names are those defined by Qt, listed at

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/qtextcodec.html#details

TeXworks includes also some code for compatibility with the encoding names used by TeXShop on the Mac, at

http://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/browse/trunk/src/TeXDocument.cpp#851

The above is taken (slightly updated) from an answer Jonathan Kew made to a similar question some time ago. See

http://tug.org/pipermail/texworks/2010q1/002425.html
http://tug.org/pipermail/texworks/2010q1/002426.html

Hope this helps,

Bruno Voisin