[texworks] LaTeX error script (was: We've reached r700+; please test)

Stefan Löffler st.loeffler at gmail.com
Sun Dec 12 16:55:24 CET 2010

Hi,

On 2010-12-12 11:17, Paul A Norman wrote:
>> * the latex error parsing script has been updated. It should give a
>> nicely formated output now, and the links should work now for multi-part
>> documents as well. It won't help to use a new build for this, you need
>> to replace the script yourself. It's available from
>> http://code.google.com/p/texworks/source/browse/trunk/res/resfiles/scripts/Hooks/latexErrors.js
>> - please put it in your <resources>/scripts/Hooks folder and type away
> (preferably errors ;)).
>
> I think on Windows Xp it might not be handling file paths with spaces in them?
>
> E.g.
>
> D:\My  157  Underfull \hbox (badness 10000) in paragraph at lines 157--158

That is true, and is also documented in the script itself. IIRC, the
same thing happened with the old script as well, didn't it?
I don't have a working TeX installation on Windows at hand ATM, so how
are such files specified in the log file? Is there any way to uniquely
distinguish them from a filename (without extension?) followed by a space?

Cheers,